First Published: May 20, 2021- Thursday
Updated: April 2, 2022 – Saturday
In response to the deluge of e-mails and comments requesting Lead-free product recommendations, there are currently 21 shopping categories here on ShopLeadSafeMama.com!
If you click on each of the images below you will be linked through to the shopping page for that category of items. All items selected for and linked on these pages are likely to be Lead-free — based on the independent consumer goods testing I have done. For many of the items they are the exact items (or very similar to the items) that I have and use every day in my home with my family. In other cases, I have chosen selections based on items I have previously tested for other families, and which I have found to be consistently Lead-free.*
- Check back periodically if a category of items that you are interested in is not yet populated with Lead Safe Mama’s Lead-free choices!
- If you are looking for a specific category that you don’t see up yet, please let me know.
- This site is a work in progress, and we will be adding Lead-free shopping categories each week!
Only Lead-free stuff! Nothing with Lead!
I do not include ANY items posted on this site that I know (or suspect are likely to) have one or more components that test positive for Lead. A good example of this is the super-popular Instant Pot line of cooking appliances …while I continue to recommend the Instant Pot as a “Lead-safe” option for an appliance of that kind, it is NOT Lead-free [I have never tested one so far that was 100% Lead-free], and so it is not listed on this website. You can always click through to the main LeadSafeMama,com website to lookup more of the many thousands of items I have tested (and the specific XRF test results for those items).
Categories of items that you will not see on this website
- Air Fryers: We have not yet found ANY Lead-free air fryers and therefore do not intend to have an air fryer page
- Slow Cookers: We have not found any brand of slow cooker with consistently Lead-free ceramic interior vessels and therefor will never have a crock pot / slow cooker page here on this website.
- Ceramics: We have not found any brands of ceramic mugs or dishware to be consistently Lead-free in both the glaze and the substrate so you will not find any ceramic dishware here on this website
Most links are Amazon affiliate links (or direct affiliate links with other brands). If you purchase something after clicking on an Amazon affiliate link, Lead Safe Mama, LLC may earn a small percentage of what you spend (at no extra cost to you).
- Things Change: Due to the reality that, periodically,vendors change, and manufacturing suppliers & sources change, and Amazon vendors sometimes swap out products on links over time, I cannot definitely guarantee that any of these items (specifically the items linked via Amazon) will be 100% Lead-free at any given point in time. These are “best bets / best guesses” for products from known brands, or made of known materials that – based on the testing I have done and/or the product listing narrative on Amazon – are more likely to be Lead-free. In all cases, an item will only be listed on this website if I would expect it to be (consistently) Lead-free.
- Satisfaction: If you purchase something from one of these pages and you hate it (for any reason) OR if you think the link takes you to an item that does not appear to be the same as the one I originally linked to (and therefore may not be Lead-free) please let me know and I will update the site accordingly.
- Different Price Points: Plead note there are items at a variety of different price-points on this website. You might be the type of person more inclined to buy a $150 pan, rather than a $20 pan; I have (usually) chosen selections from a full range of price-points. The lower price-point items may, naturally, not be the same quality as the higher price-point items — the deciding factor for their inclusion here is only that they are (likely to be) Lead-free. Please always read the product reviews on Amazon to help inform your choice before purchasing.
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •• • •
Please add salt to the “Shop! Lead Safe Mama site.
Thank you for all you are doing for all of us!
Is JB Prince cast iron by SolidTeknics recommended? It seems to be made in the U.S. Some sort of collaboration I suppose.
It would be great to see such categories as home and kitchen appliances (I have never read about meat grinders on your site), clothes, bags&backpacks, furniture. And I’m looking forward to reading your post One day at the beach. Hopefully,you’ll mention about safe sunscreens, especially for babies and kids there.
Thank you so much for all your precious work!!!
Thanks for commenting.
We don’t cook meat at our house and so don’t have access to products like that that I own and could test and report on – plus I am a bit of a luddite (by philosophical choice) when it comes to appliances… so haven’t done a lot of work testing those.
To do a full /thorough testing of appliances would take days per appliance and really requires disassembling them / destroying them / taking them apart – so that’s an area I have not focused on much (since people who send me things to test don’t generally want me to destroy the things they send me … even in the name of science!) If my work grows to the point of having a facility, funding and a bunch of employees to help with this work, I think that we would definitely included testing like that.
Most modern clothing is going to be Lead-free, just avoid adult clothing that has sequins, plastic or metal components and that’s a good way to keep a low-profile (from a toxicant perspective.)
As far as sunscreens go – I haven’t yet come up with a solution there that I am happy with either. My general rule of thumb with my children is: do outside activities at times of day that are not peak sun + wear appropriate clothing to shade from the sun. This means we go out a lot in the evenings or early mornings for hikes, excursions or swimming.
Thanks for commenting! I will be spending some time working more on this site over the coming weeks and will see what I can do to address some of your questions!